Sunday, October 05, 2008

That Horrid Woman is Not Only Horrid, But I am Convinced, She is CRAZY!

I missed some stuff, debate night, as I was paying attention to some live commenting on the net, as well as paying attention to the debate. So my eyes were not on the tv screen all that much, and I think I only saw the one wink. But now I have seen the wink loop.

She is crazy. Either that is some bizarre tick or she believed she was being cute and failed at it. And I do not believe it was a tick. She thought that would be cute and ya know? For a wink to be cute, not only need it be a signal of some sort of personal (don't take me too literally, as people can try for personal to a larger audience and succeed) 'Just between you an me' signal, and it needs to be properly timed.

She failed at both, mostly on the timing. She comes across on the wink loop vid like the person who is telling bombing jokes and does not get it, that the jokes are bombing.



The Horrid Woman is not right in the head. I am not saying she is going to go out and plow sand (but I doubt she understands the reference, the rube.) Rather, she reminds me of the kind of people who believe deeply in magic, and their own specialness. You know what I mean? I don't even mean your garden variety right wing christian exceptionalist. I mean the kind of yumpy Froot Loop who believes not only are they totally special to God, but are on a Mission From God, and likely got some Special Powers from God, even if only God's Special Protection, as they are God's Special Chosen One.

Freaking crazy shit, that.

Oh. Wait. Didn't she use that phrase about American Exceptionalism. Yup. Not that I am denying that America has it's unique position in the world, someone spouting the exceptionalism shit, after the past two weeks where the greed of the American Finance System nearly tanked the rest of the Global Economy?

That is out of touch, crazy lady; that is delusionalism, if you meant it. And I suspect you meant that.

EDIT TO ADD:

Since I am back on the topic of That Horrid Woman.

It is one thing for McCain to pick her; that is his decision and for better or worse, he has to own it (or kick her ass off the ticket fast, as the going viciously thug-toilet-negative is not going to give him the bounce he needs to remain or regain competitive status.)

And it is another thing for the Crazy Horrid Woman to accept. I mean have you missed every thing I have said about her? Well?

But the people who are making me increasingly agitated are The Apologists.

This as follows is supposed to be the short version. Now I have to guess there are some people who genuinely think it is a swell idea (Yew betcha) for the next VEEP to have the same sort of persona and personality, and mannerisms, and diction, and lack of sophistication or depth of intellect as the wacky, night shift waitress at the local Denny's/IHOP/SHONEY'S, whatever, who is mugging for a bigger tip.

Not me.

I want the next VEEP to be more like my more accomplished and reputable and intellectual college and law school professors. Call me "ELITE" but I like my medical professionals to be experts at their medical fields, I want my auto mechanic to be an expert auto mechanic, and I want my senior government officials to be experts in government and governance, and the issues that we can well expect them to have to deal with from day one, till the end of their term.

I know. I am weird. Where do I get off criticizing fans of the Horrid Crazy Woman? Now they are just picking the person who more resembles them. I guess that someone could accuse me of the same thing, me being a graduate of of N'ern N'England Pubic Ivy University, and a private N'Eastern Law School (where I got to hear Sen. Biden speak, 20 years ago. He has mellowed a lot, seem to me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites