Monday, September 19, 2005

In The Doldrums . . .

Yes, the circus that never was, the Roberts Confim. Hearing, is over, and people all over the country are waking up from their slumber.

Slowly.

I think that my earlier prediction that this was (for all intents and purposes) a fix (as long as nothing sexy/secret turned up) is playing out. I'd have preferred a clone of Souter, but that is just me. So given that is a non-story, and I imagine lots of Americans are, as I am, sorta hung over on Katrina (not that my heart or wallet is closed.) But I am bored and the news cycle has nothing in it right now.

But WOO HOOO . . . . new Fall TV season is starting :)

Oh . . . . but I did hear (actually read) something today about ONE BILLION DOLLARS having gone missing in Iraq from the gvt. coffers (sorry, I did not bookmark the link.) Now that is on top of the other billions that went up in smoke like some primo hash in a Cheech and Chong movie.

Meanwhile, meatheaded ConCoxSuckers like Hannity are bitching and moaning about the debit cards FEMA distributed to Delta Disater victims being "Missused."

Shit, I personally don't give a FAWK what people buy with them.

"Mr. Robicheau. Your house, your car, your job have all vanished. Here's two grand. What are ya going to do with it?"

"I'm gonna find me a good girlie bar, get drunk on some hard liquor, and look at some huge, hard, fake titties."




Hey Mr. Robicheau . . . if that is what you need to do now . . . fine with me. This one is a freebie.

But next time (meaing if we actually get PROPER relief assistance services up and competently running) it won't just be free money. So enjoy the distraction while ya can.

Ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites