Thursday, August 25, 2005

Let's Skip Current Events Today

Instead, let's open up the "Pet Peeve" file.

Today's peeve du jour? "GOOD INTENTIONS."

Seems I will not have to type much on this topic, as it has been well-discussed elsewhere. For example:


"Hell is paved with good intentions, not with bad ones. All men mean well."

Author: George Bernard Shaw

"It is difficult to say who do you the most harm: enemies with the worst intentions or friends with the best."

Author: Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton


"Many good purposes and intentions lie in the churchyard."

~ Philip Henry

"It's always with the best intentions that the worst work is done."

~ Oscar Wilde



Before I go off all half-cocked, I have to admit I have been guilty of such well-meaning misdeeds myself on more than one occasion. And I mean big time. But I did eventually learn my lesson.

I had to get SO SERIOUSLY burned (figuratively) that I felt crispy, in order to learn the important life lesson to "Just leave other people to their shit, unless they are asking for help" (most always all of the time!) Otherwise, please STFU, and DO NOTHING.

As Fat Jack Fallstaff says: "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Perhaps not always the case, but a damned practical piece of advice, nonetheless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites