Monday, August 15, 2005

A Quickie on Intelligent Design

Original content (that I published originally somewhere else today.)

Well I can either pick on the HUGE GAPING FLAW in the idea of ID, or I can just make an observation. Hey . . . . I can do both, can't I?

The Flaw.

If you saddle yourself with the premise that some things in nature are so complicated "THEY JUST HADTA BE DESIGNED" you are saying that God designed those things.But but but but but but but what is more complicated than GOD?

Ya Ya. I know the Hindus have an "OUT" that monotheists don't have. They are not at all bothered by the partially-saving idea of infinite gods and universes, and really don't seem to care about the end never being in sight ever, but for monos? It is a conundrum, I say.

But that is the flaw (and the sidebar.)

Here is my observation.

If one can imagine a universe where God is sui generis, in addition to being omnipotent, why is it so hard to imagine (if only for the sake of argument) an omnipotent God who merely lit the match on the multi-stage firework shell of the universe, and is (mostly) just sitting on the sideline watching the show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites