Friday, August 12, 2005

Follow-up to the Grieving Mom Revolution; "the flip-flop is nothing more than a canard."

We will be short on original content. Now for the citations. Daily Kos (find that linked on my "My Favorites" list, to the right) showcases (good enough a way to say it) a conservative blogger who is on record of (how does he say it) being OUTRAGED at the Smear Campaign aganist our current favorite Grieving mom, Cindy Sheehan.

Is it too much to hope for, for a groundswell of other cons to finally start throwing the rotted vegetables at the GOP's favorite Pundits? Or how about just stop watching Fox (most of it AIN'T, Dontcha Know it yet) News.

Well, ya. That is asking for too much in this life, but I have to say, it is way past time for it. Check out this piece yourself. I love the title. It, I imagine, deliberately echoes the famous "Have You No Shame," charge that was artfully lobbed at that icon of Sinister Self Promiting, Slanderous Sleaze: Joe McCarthy.

The title is: Decency Is Not In Them.

Here is a taste of that con's Conscientious Complaint.



"If one needed any further proof that this incarnation of "Republicans" and alleged conservatives includes a faction that has gone completely and tragically over the edge, the smear campaign against Cindy Sheehan is it. For those who might not be familiar with the details of this and are looking for an accurate, factual account, a good summary appears here."

Go here for the rest of it:

http://cunningrealist.blogspot.com/2005/08/decency-is-not-in-them.html



OH. And if you are not a regular Newshound reader, I suggest you go there for the Post Mortem on Fox (NOT REALLY) New's coverage to date, which has been either sinister (O'Riley), or bumped for more about the Holloway Girl (Hannity.)

Have you no SHAME, indeed!


EDITED TO ADD:

Yes I do have some original content. Well I published this somewhere else, yesterday. My general take on the matter. Not so much on the grieving mom herself, but on what I hope her Revolution becomes, if it indeed becomes a Revolution.


I am one of those people who thinks (naturally) that we have NEVER REALLY ACTUALLY had the sort of national debate over that war WE SHOULD HAVE HAD, before the 3ID (Mech.) crossed the frontier. I know, I know, that there are some folk who will SWEAR to their Graves that the Main Stream Media is all Lib and was all against this Prez, and anything he does (then again I don't watch FUX News, but I look at their website enough to know that is what THEY pound out, day after day.) But I am one of those people who think that the MSM truly did not ask enough questions and did not do enough to CHALLENGE and QUESTION authority on this Adventure. I am hoping that now there will be some sort of groundswell of support for the debate to happen now, and for enough People to INSIST that the questions put to the Bush Admin, about that war and policies concerning it, are not only answered, but answered fully and truthfully. No more slogans, and no more spin. We all deserve the TRUTH. What I am hoping for here is for most if not All Americans to remember is: This is Democracy. And the Gvt. Is SUPPOSED TO answer to US. We have the right do DEMAND an answer to the question WHY? This might very well be the begining of such an event.

"Everybody Buckle Up Your Seatbelts; Looks like we are in for some REAL DEMOCRATIC Weather."



And my last thought on it, for today?

Ever since this story broke, I can not help but think of the Chilean Abuelitas who Danced Alone (together) Outside of the Gvt. Buildings in protest of that country's regime.

Granted, theirs was more of a quiet revolution, but this is America, afterall.

(Well I ought to post a little of that song by Sting. Can't get it out of my head, now.)


Danzan con sus pardres
Danzan con sus hijos
Danzan con sus esposos
Ellas danzan solas
Danzan solas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites