Saturday, August 20, 2005

UNHINGED?

Yes I will admit it. I am bored with the Cindy Sheehan part of the Cindy Sheehan story by now.

The only part of this story that still holds my attention? The bizzare amount of people who have become
Totally UNHINGED over it.


I am allowed to jack my own text, so here is how I said it, in some discussion, earlier, Friday:


"To me the only NEWSWORTHY part of this story, currently, is the number of people going BATSHIT over it. I think the last time there was this much mass hysteria (over nothing) was the Orson Wells' Radio Broadcast of "War of the Worlds." It would be funny if it were not so scary, how many people have totally lost perspective over this one lady camping in a ditch."

I am trying to cut down on the cussing here, so I will summarize my other salient points. I think a lot of Bushies, for some time now, are starting to see that they were were seriously screwed by Bush over this war in Iraq, thing, and that the "Lady of the Ditch" is on the receiving end of a lot of displaced anger, that Bushies can't seem to direct at Bush, who has EARNED their RAGE.

Note please, dear reader, what I say in my description of this blog, about the "Cult of Personality?"

What is that old saying? Trust the art, not the Artitst?

In the case of a bullshit artist like Bush, don't trust EITHER.



P.S.

Kudos to Maureen Dowd for her insightful observation that Bush's Fantasy World is worse than Barbie in her dream house.

Love that, thank you!


And for my own bit of creative keyboarding?

I made, in that discussion I mentioned before, the following observation, concerning the question of whether the meltdown of folk over "The Lady of The Ditch" was really anger more properly meant for and caused by Dubya:

If that was the question asked of me by the Guardian of Bridge of Doom, after asking me "What . . is your quest?" I'd answer, "It is a classic case of displacement of emotional rage."


I guess I would be remiss if I did not at least acknowledge the Genius Classic Film, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," for the source of my "Bridge of Doom" riff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites