Monday, August 23, 2021

Every Thing Wrong With Glen Loury's Take on Why Black Folk Are Constantly Behind, Can Be Explained by "Trading Places."


Who has the time to read his books anyway?

But seriously.  Even if everything is not explained in this movie, the most part is.

According to all the serious thinkers  (sorry Glenn  you don't rate on account of your infatuation with Right Wing wrong reasoning,)  and the data.  The most reliable predictor of a human being able to function and live at the bougie level, is being born at and raised bougie.

Fuck your nature argument.  And fuck your paternalistic, judgmental, refried Booker T. bullshit.  There are outliers, but mostly it is the bougie class that breeds and nurtures  more bogie brats.  Because bougie parents raise their children to be bougie.

As a quick divergence,  but related.  I think I did that week or two of my life pulling decades old trust account records at the Wall Street area Citi Bank, before that movie came out.  Nothing can convince a body of the importance of inherited wealth like actually seeing the actual bank records.  Was for me at least.  And that was the Fall after I graduated from my bougie, Northern New England Uni.   

Lastly.  Why am I on this topic yet again?  I started watching some fluffer's vid singing  the  imaginary merits of what Loury recently said about the nature/nurture debate re black folk, following his for lack of  better words,  chat with the racist and ugly Charles Murray.  For those of you who don't know.  Murray  is yet again pedaling his racist blacks are genetically inferior, bullshit.  And Loury was drawing a false equivalence between him and the peeps on the left who say too many blacks and brown folk have the deck stacked against them.  Things that are not the same, are not.  And I did not have to get a degree in economics to learn that.  All I had to do  (I knew already, but work with me here,) was be tasked with sorting screws of different yet seemingly close often, lengths into the right boxes.   That shit ain't a game of horseshoes.  Close is not close enough.

That argument is so unhinged I have no problem calling it a lie.

Anyway . . .

Shout out to my UVM  friends  who showed up to college with inherited Persian rugs, and Volvos, and educational trust accounts.  I was never envious of you guys.  But I usually wish I had some inherited wealth, too.  Inherited wealth is a very good thing to have! 








Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites