Sunday, August 01, 2021

I Am a Proud Snob. An Unrepentant Elitist. Particularly Where The Arts Are Concerned.

 


After all, who wants to waste time on shit?  Save when shit is so bad it is good.  Like an Ed Wood movie.  But where our recently made ex POTUS  is concerned, I call what he has been known to do as trying to dance, and failing,  revoltingly.  But a certain female blogger who I have discussed before, and will not name, has recently yet again described that wallowing wildebeest as enjoying dancing?  

Are you smoking  good Meth, like Heisenberg's Blue, or some really bad, street poison?  For the joke to work, I have to say the latter.

Now speaking of myself.  I don't want to make this about race but, I am the grandson of West Africans.  So that.  And I grew up in the NYC area during the disco era.  My old joke was you had to be able to at least fake Meringue and Salsa steps to graduate my HS.  Not literally, but I grew up in a Cuban neighborhood.  By your third QuinceaƱera you would know how to fake it.

And I took 2 1/2 years of college dance.  And when I tell real, professional dancers, who I like to socialize with that, I follow it up with saying . . .  I can't dance.  The unspoken part being, well, next to most Americans  I can dance. But next to professionals like you?  Hell naw!

Two of my favorite moments of my life.  The one time I went to the 20th Anniversary of Complexions  Contemporary Dance (picture,) and and at the after party I was dancing for fun with members of the company and other supporters.  And this other time, after a performance of NY City Ballet, there was a surprise, post show beer and dance party.  So at minimum, I did not earn dirty looks  dancing for fun among real dancers.

So yea.  I did not embarrass myself.

But Bozo?  Was he that fuck barn yard animals, lame  and bad when he was hanging out at Studio 54?   I would bet it.

Some people are so bad, they should not try in public.

Oh.  And my college dance teachers  loved me  They would give me special attention, and cause me more pain.  That is how you know your dance teacher favors you.  They push you harder.  But next to really talented dancers,, I can't dance.  but I am at least in the 80%tile  in America.  I am likely shorting myself there,  at least at my best when I was younger.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites