Thursday, July 29, 2021

I'll Pick Specifically on Professor Loury, This Time.


 


The Black Guys on Bloggingheads.tv. Only One Has a Thick Skin.

No matter how much I disagree on racial black and brown folk issues with Professor McWhorter, I commend him for having, as he says in this video, a thick skin.  I am not anywhere near being an academic.  I started performing in public since what?  4th Grade.  I have a BA in Theatre, and have been an attorney for 30 years.   I am used to being weighed and measured.  And from time to time, I have been found by some to be lacking.

But Professor Loury, still isn't used to rejection.  At the end of this clip, he goes on a tear about how "the culture," all the social establishment institutions and their liberal members reject conservatives.  And a few Bloggingheads vids back, he went on a tear about how he and other black conservative economists routinely are dissed by his academic peers.  Kinda whiny, that stuff.

Now I wish him all the luck with his marriage, which I assume to be a good one.  I will take his word on that, at the least.  But if he was single, I would tell him to try out some internet dating.  Just to toughen himself  up.  He does not have to change to please me, but I suggest he stop whining in these videos about being rejected.

The overwhelming majority of liberals, and black academics and professionals reject the very idea, the foundation of this cancer on government, and society, and thought called conservatism.  We  think it is shit.  We happily reject all that shit.  And well, we are not going to change.  Fuck naw!

It is not up to us to change our minds, and stop rejecting conservatism.  But for his own well being, he needs to get over the fact the cool kids don't wanna play with him.

One of my favorite stories from law school.  Now I don't want to say I was the coolest kid at my law school, at the end of my time there.   But I was popular, I have to say.  And I did not give a tiny fuck about the nerds.  So this one day this One L nerd (guy actually wore a pen on a neck cord. I swear,) squirreled up his neve and told me, "Some people don't like you."  

And I looked into his beady little eyes, and told him, "I don't care."  And I meant it. 

Now if Professor Loury can't manage to be more like me, he should at least try to be more like McWhorter.

Oh. And regarding nerd boy. I have no idea how his career turned out.  For all I know, he has had a very successful career  in the law.  He might be putting me to shame on paper.  But I still don't care.  As I am cool kid for life.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites