Sunday, July 18, 2021

Free Speech Bullshit, and Those Worth Listening To.

 I saw this meme last night, and was reminded about one of my observations.  Who really counts as an intellectual these days?


For me, after Cornel West, it's hard to name anyone who is not at best an expert in their field. For example, I can name a bunch of legal scholars.  But that is not the same as being a true though leader over many fields.

And then we get to the political divide.  Isn't the very idea of a conservative intellectual an oxymoron, as that team is anti elitist?  Hearing some one promote Thomas Sowell as an intellectual begs more questions than it provides answers.

I take this opportunity to call bullshit on people with fancy degrees from fancy schools, but mock other people by calling them the elect, or elitists.  I am proud of my accomplishments and professional and academic associations. I joined those clubs by choice, and put in the work.  I believe in that, even as I believe that people who believe generally that we live  in a general meritocracy are flat out full of shit, delusional.


 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites