Friday, February 13, 2009

More Republican Delusionalism. Granted, O'Reilly Claims to be an Independent.

But if you mostly vote for Republicans, or mostly support them, or their take on the issues, I don't really care if you prefer to call yourself The Lizard King, The Leper Messiah, or a Boy Named Sue. You're a damned Republican. Really. Anyway . . .

I was at the NY City building, today, that has as it's unofficial name, "30 Rock." And that makes me think of the TV show, with that name. And that show makes me think of the talented and lovely Tina Fey. And (unfortunately) this week, thinking of Tina Fey makes me think about Bill O'Reilly, as he really backhandedly insulted her gravely, trying to weasel his way away (with out apologizing for it) from his nasty insult against veteran reporter Helen Thomas, earlier this week.

I'll just skip to the chase. At some point during his show, Wed night, I believe, he compared himself to (aw hell, I have to rerun the vid or look for the transcript) Saturday Night Live, in context of Tina Fey's brilliant send ups. Seems Bill has changed professions. He now thinks he is in the end of show biz called comedy, and that he is entitled to be listed among its luminaries like Tina Fey.

Taking a cue from one of the running gags on SNL's "Weekend Update" feature -- Oh Really?

I will not belabor the point. Tina Fey has won five Emmys for her work in TV comedy (never mind the rest of the awards up on her shelf). And Bill O'Reilly think he is in the same league for comedy?

Oh Really?

Not Really. Not at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites