Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Confess. I Did Not Watch Either Speech, Yet.

I am watching clips of the post mortem of Jindal. Now before I recount the more interesting observations, let me move the topic back to me, for an actually salient point.

Lately, I have been catching up on "30 Rock" episodes. It is some brilliant stuff and Tina Fey deserved every Emmy, far as I say. But the real point of this digression is the character of Kenneth the Page. He (the character, not so much the actor who is rather brilliant) is the clueless simple man, and often the foil for anyone who happens upon him. One of the episodes I watched just last night featured Kenny willing to degrade himself in any number of ways for money. I'd call it slapstick, but as the tasks got weirder and weirder, they had the action happen off cam and all we saw was how disheveled and bruised Kenny looked, after completing the task.

Now what does this have to do with Bobby Jindal? At one point last night I read a posting on HuffPo where the writer made a direct (even if facetious) comparison between Jindal and the often-hapless Kenny. Well, if they were meaning, willing to serve as a foil for another's entertainment or otherwise use, they might have had a point. Just based on the the little I have heard/read it seems Jindal served as the scape goat, or jumped on the hand grenade for the protection of the rest of the company, even if what he was doing was supposed to be a great career move for him. Oh, and sorry I mixed metaphors, there, but back to things that go boom, Jindal Bombed.


{Edit to Add: I just watched the Fox News Post Mortem and even they say Jindal bombed.}


But when it is all said and done, I don't think Kenneth the Page is the right comparison for Jindal. Like I said, I have only watched so much (meaning so little) of last night's trag--comedy, but I have seen the man on TV before, and the comparison I would make is this:

Bobby Jindal is a brown-skinned Howdy Dody. Without the cowboy hat and visible strings.

But beyond that, he is the male, brown skinned, warm weather climate preferring version of Sociopathic Succubus Sarah. There is something clearly crazy - not right, about both of them. And I am sure I have posted (way) in the past how it is that all politicians are at least a little crazy, particularly on the egotistical, narcissistic fronts. But I think both these nutters are way past that ordinary-for-politicans' delusionalism.

Oh. I almost made a post about this yesterday, but since I am doing my usual thing, spanking on the more insane and delusional and just plain dangerous Republican Governors, let me say which is the one who seems most sane and least dangerous. Huntsman, of Utah. I heard/read something about him the other day where he was acting all rational and sane and criticizing the GOP Leadership in D.C. for being irrelevant, and more focused on image than ideas.

That guy can think. That guy could actually get elected POTUS . . . well, but for the fact that it is not likely for him to win a primary. Between the GOP idiots on the radio and TV, and the fact that obvious lunatics like Jindal and Palin can get popular among the rank and file of the GOP, not only despite their insanity, but likely on account of the crazy things they believe, say, and do, I think Huntsman's chances at winning a GOP primary are grim. Not that I really want there to ever be another GOP POTUS. But if I had to make a Sophie's Choice kind of choice, had to pick between Huntsman, Palin or Jindal, I would pick Huntsman. Not that I know all that much about him yet, but my first instinct was that he was NOT yet another witless delusional dangerous person. And that counts for a lot, until proven otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites