Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Round Two

I actually forgot about this prime example of Republican Idiocy. Michelle Bachmann is the gift that keeps on giving, that is is you are a Dem like me who is well entertained that someone this insane can be elected to Congress as a Republican. Her latest delusional meme? The country is running out of Rich People. Priceless. That is how I describe it, however a case can be made for the other POV:

"Make her stop. It hurts. "

Michelle Bachmann.

And I am not going to post the psychotic flavored compilation vid shown on Hannity's show, last night. But I will comment on it, after having watched it. Granted, I am not a wing nut extremist Republican. So I just don't pee in my pants the way they do, over the things they do. I agree with President Obama mocking the GOP talking point about how a stimulus package is supposed to be about spending (I will only briefly mention the GOP mental infirmity and dysfunctional tendency to not be able to grasp the obvious; it is a function of that whole use the same words while not speaking English, actually, thing.) But the video montage was very poorly assembled. They counter cut the Republican doom sayer, histrionics, with the Democrats own gloom and doom if we don't do it, predictions. The vid ends with the climax of President Obama signing the bill into law, as the music ends . . . on an uplifting, triumphant Major Chord.

I think I know what the problem really is, with the vid. Hannity pees his pants over that bit of classical music (metaphorically speaking.) He uses it to open his radio broadcast, in addition to other bits. Likely it is one of the few classical pieces he knows. And he obviously knows shit about music theory.

Anyone knows if you want to make a moment more downbeat you pick something in a Minor Key, not a Major Key. If they really wanted to make the case better, they should have gone with some Bach; Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, perhaps?


Not to mention the obvious (wait, we always need to mention the obvious to Republicans) organ music is creepy to start, leave alone in a Minor Key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites