Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quickies, Hodgepodge, What Ever

I don't have a set theme, and as yet have not seen a story nor thought of one that would sustain a solo treatment. But the day is young.

Anyway, kudos to Whoppi Goldberg for putting O'Reilly in his place. Last time I talked about his cowardly alleged joke about Helen Thomas, I mentioned the fact that Tina Fey has five Emmys for comedy; Bill O' has a long way to go before he can even pretend to be close to her, in the field. Whoppi got to the point much faster by telling him, on his own show:

"If You're Gonna Do Humor, Learn How To Do It."

Putting the other issue aside, ya know how these anti-elite Republicans hate being told that they need to learn about certain subjects before they should blat on about them, and they should learn about how to run a government before trying to run one, or should actually learn macroeconomics before putting together an economic policy. They hate that shit. So I do not expect Bill O' to take the word of some elite and successful stand up comic, comic actress, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony award winner. WTF does she know about comedy anyway?

And since I am at again, let me elaborate on the coward charge. Yes, some people try to be funny, and fail, and then try to hide behind the excuse, it was just a joke. Others deliberately set out to use the screen of telling a joke, just to say something hateful. Either way, it's a cowardly way to go. So no matter which was the case for Bill O', I call him coward. Ya, I give massive shit to the celebrity and party leadership Republicans (and as well, the shit heads who pop up time to time like Joe not a plumber). But I am owning what I am saying. When I call Sarah Palin a Sociopathic Succubus who is a danger to the whole human race (if she gets elected to higher/national office), I am not going for the joke. I am saying what I think and will gladly be judged by it. Shit. I got kicked off a message board a couple weeks ago for trashing that bag o trash. See what I did there? I insulted her. That was deliberate. It was not nice, it was not polite, but I am not going to say,"Just Kidding." I wasn't kidding. But ya know one person's truth telling is another's excuse less excess.

Dovetailing, neatly, I should mention the pic out there on the internet, of Michelle Malkin posing for a picture with the asshole holding a poster equating President Obama with Nazis. Now I would call that unreasonable hate. That asshole would likely think my remarks about Palin were hateful. I would argue that there is no comparison between President Obama and Nazi; no sane person, never mind savvy political scientist would draw that comparison. But Sarah Palin actually meets the classic definition of a sociopath. I did not make that one up. You can disagree with the conclusion, but I did not just pull that one out of my ass.

Speaking about pulling things out of asses, I might as well finish with the latest buzz about Ann Coulter. In her latest book she defends some racist group, the Council of Conservative Citizens, from what she was calling, unfair branding as racists.

Now how racist is this group you might ask? It is so obviously racist that merely linking to its web page on the Hannity Message Board is a breach of the boards rules against posting links to hate groups and hate material. And standards there are way low. Hell, just last week some psychotic ranter (I am serious, this one does truly psychotic rants against anyone not her kind of people, particularly Democrats) called President Obama an "Oreo," and did not even get a reprimand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites