Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Usually Avoid Rumor, But . . .

I just saw some prediction that Gen. Powell will endorse Sen. Obama.

Granted, the General has been in lots of hairy places, and is a combat vet, but I have to say this could be the bravest thing he as ever done, as

the racist extremist loons in the Republican Party are going to go so batshit on his black ass for that? Hell, they went bat shit on Christopher Buckley's white ass. They went even more bat shit on Kathleen Parker's white female ass. So why would they hold back on the General's black ass?

Like I said last week or so, the chickens are coming home to roost in America, and the are carrying a contagion way worse than Avian Flu.

Hmm, now I wonder if Dr. Rice would be willing to do that too? Hell she allegedly has no further ambition in government. If that is her conviction, I would love to see her say it. Not that I want either to be subject to the whips and scorns of the the racist extremist loons in the Republican Party. However, I am sorta interested in getting an accurate picture of how much of the GOP if not the whole country, actually, still is significantly racist.

It would be useful (looking at the situation from the sociologist's POV) to know how far away we are from a truly race neutral society. We have come a far way in my life, yes, but I have always said, there still is a long way to go. I would like to know how far, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites