Sunday, October 12, 2008

Disturbing Things, Thanks to That Horrid Palin Woman.

I find this image very disturbing.



But what I find even more disturbing is the fact that some people are not disturbed by it, but in stead, embrace it.

Now fault my leap, if you will, but really, is that ugly image that far away from this one?



I am not making a direct comparison as in, moral equivalent argument. However, I am noting that subtly violent images/messages are emotionally powerful images/messages.

Now I will start with the last image here. That is the infamous Nazi SS Death Head. The image conveys a simple but strong message: "We bring death." Can't miss that one.

Now the other one? Pit bulls are strong and easily violent dogs. They were bred for that. Put lipstick on one? The image is really as simple as the other: "Violent Bitch." (Bitch, being the term for a female dog.)

I can sort of see Palin's dysfunctional embrace of that image. She is a politician, and when it suits her purposes she wants to be seen as hyper aggressive. So an exaggerated comparison to dogs bred to attack and kill bears to entertain and slake the blood lust of drunken and often violent peasants, well? Well? That again is exaggerating, but is apparently the image she wants to project at times.

That is her damage. But what about her fans? Are there that many damaged people out there? The answer is far too many, I am guessing, based on the ugly, racist, bigoted, violent, nasty behaviour at the McCain/Palin rallies this week.

What do you call the snarling, biting, almost unhinged Alpha Pit Bull other than a bad dog? Rabid?

What do you call the dogs who follow the rabid Pit Bull in the attack on the bear? Not alphas, that is for sure.

I could likely go long on this trail of thought and muddy up the message more, or wrap it up. I will wrap it up by saying, I would not advise anyone to follow the lead of a rabid dog.

No good could come of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites