Friday, December 22, 2006

New Year's Part Deux. What I want out of 2007.

I WANT 2007 TO BE THE YEAR OF ZERO TOLERANCE FOR LIARS!!!

Follow me here.

If 2006's word of the year is truthiness, I want 2007 to be a year where we reject the idea of truthiness, of wikiality, of partisan parochial pontification, of spin, of parsing, of explaining what some other chuckle-head really meant, despite the fact the we -- the rest of us -- clearly heard/read the HATEFUL, BIGOTED, RACIST, INEXCUSABLE or merely WOEFULLY IGNORANT thing that chuckle-head in question actually expressed.

I want 2007 to be the year of NO BULLSHIT!

Keeping in mind my earlier post from a few months ago, lionizing that inspiring (yet fictional) newsman Walter Beale, I want people by the thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, to

rise as one (or nearly so) and shout out loud:

"Im mad as hell at all this Bullshit, and the Bullshitters, and I am not gonna take it anymore!"


I am remembering something I read on some website I have bookmarked here, that was about how to spot a liar. The remark I have in mind is something like, you know a lie when you hear it, as your inclination is to TURN AWAY from the lie/liar.

That is what I want in 2007. I want this to be the year where when ever anyone spins, snows, lies or bullshits, that the inclination to Turn Away, is always met and always followed.

I am not saying that if 2007 actually ends up as the year of No Bullshit, that the world's other major problems will dissapear.

But honestly (no pun intended)? I can not see a single other real problem in the world being solved, unless we seriously reduce the mountain of bullshit and lies that we have been living with, for way far too long.

JMO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites