Sunday, December 17, 2006

Truer words are rarely spoken

Well one of my favorite contemporary writers/series is Laurel K. Hamilton's Princess Merry Gentry Series. I am not going to go long, if you don't know the series I will give you the quick and dirty of it:

We are talking about Tolkien meets Ann Rice (in current day USA.) Immortal Keltoi gods and goddesses here in the USA. Duath du Danu.

Or my way of describing it:

Immortals Behaving Badly (and I do mean badly. I mean, lusty in all senses of the word, badly.)


Anyway I am reading the latest installment in the series, and there have been several good lines but here is the one that I could not resist posting:

True friendship is a type of love, and all love has power.

True that; even if you never find yourself like Princess Merry, on the edge of a battlefield with your goblin allies opposing an ancient and more frightening foe than your goblin allies.

Yes the story is WAY complicated. Just remember the quote, for the wisdom it contains.

Hmm Kay?

Now let me get back to the book. I am putting my money on the Goblins turning the tide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites