Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend Wrap Up

Mmmm a very nice weekend so far. No stress, no one getting on my ass, no worries other than catching up with the laundry following my vay-cay (and I am done with that shit.)

Even if (particularly today) we have been in these parts enjoying the maybe last Warm Weekend, I have been indoors for the most part, and that has been GLORIOUS!

I have been having a Battlestar Galatica marathon here. Yesterday I picked up seasons 2 and 2.5 at a store and have been getting lost in some very well produced sci-fi.

Hey, I am a fugee from showbiz. I appreciate good TV as much as I would either good cinema or theatre, and this series is as good as TV gets. Not only are the FX outstanding and the acting top notch, but the story and the dialouge is Grade A. Honestly this falls in to the category that I call Drama set in the Sci Fi genre, as opposed to merely particularly good sci fi. This is the real good stuff no mater the genre label.

Anyway, I hava had fun. Shit. They even got to me, emotionally (no easy feat, that!) The episode where the Flight Deck Chief starts the project to build a fighter from scratch and by the end of the episode, everyone on board seems to take a turn at helping out, even that asshole Col. Tigh? Ya, that got to me.

That was great drama that just happend to be set in space. It was a wonderfuly done piece on the resiliance of mankind in extremis, and how people can band together in order to validate who they are as a group and as individuals, even if the exercise may seem futile, it is the trying that make the effort noble. It is in the trying that we enoble our selves, individually and collectively; it is part of what makes us human.

Oh well, before I go any deeper into art analysis and commentary mode (as fitting my education) I will just say again, great stuff!

Now let me get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites