Friday, October 06, 2006

(Work)Week Wrap Up.

Not a bad one, all things considered.

Yes, I went back to work after my glorious, decadent, wonderfully and happily human vacation cruise. Ya might think that after a week of seeing smiling faces, happy friendly people who just want to please you (the staff) or otherwise are mostly lost in the bliss of the party (other passengers), never mind my "Hot Tub time," I would have serious adjustment problems. Well??? Damn straight I would rather be at sea, dancing the night away, and HOPING the lovely, pretty Cruise Director Julie solved her missing Dejay Problem and could spare another dance with me (**ahhh** even if it was only that one time, her trying to teach me this semi-complicated Texas dance step), but hey. Work has it's benefits.

Firstly, as I said to folk in the office,

"I only came back to make more money to pay for my next cruise!"

But beyond that, their are perks to going to the office.

It turns out that I timed my vay-cay well as I have been retasked to a new "team," and I am finally getting to know the lovely young lady I have thought of, for weeks, as "The Strong Blonde," as she looks to me like some sort of Valkyrie (with short blonde hair instead of long Nordic Wiking Braids) who likely could take me in a fair fight.

But hey this is work and I am not flirting; I am merely happy to be working with, and near nice women-folk.

This is what I like most in life (within reason, and not involving deep, messy, complicated, emotionally charged REAL relationship stuff); just being able to see and be near vivacious, intelligent and YES attractive women-folk.

Speaking of women-folk, one of my favorites, who sat next to me for something like my first 4 - 5 months on this gig, got a REAL JOB! I am so happy for her. No, I don't have to think she is gone forever. She is going to be working right across the street from where I am working. Funny how that worked!

Oh, and as ever, my other favorite former tablemate is still there. If it were not for the smiles I get eachday from the lovely ladies, I would dread the job-site.

YA, I would be WAY more productive in some closed-off office, or even a high cubicle environment, but ya know?? Sometimes ya just need to see a friendly human face, or hear a friendly human voice . . . particularly when your work is being stuck in front of some inhuman, ugly-assed computer screen, reading endless booooorrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg words.

Oh and since I am doing the weekly wrap-up, I might as well add my Katie Watch blurb.

She looked very lovely tonight, in a white jacket.


Thank you Katie, for providing me with a suitably human face and voice, for my evening news.

Ya, some ugly-assed middle aged or older male would count as human, but honestly I will choose the pretty woman over the ugly ass-faced male every day.


Oh and before I go, and speaking of ugly ass-faced men??? Today I read some piece mentioning one of the MOST heinously Ugly Ass-faced men on TV, Mr. Sean Hannity.

Now follow me here, as USUALLY I can not describe That Sphincter without resorting to the most foul of profanity for the obvious reasons (the profanity is sooooooooo fitting, like a glove fitting,) but I really like the simple descriptive label this net blogger used at him.

"CLOWNISH."


That was very good. I was impressed. I go for the gutter talk too soon, particularly when dealing with some heathen mamluke like Hannity.

Then again, I am from North Joisey -- we call 'em like we see 'em, and if you don't know what I mean, watch a few episodes of Da Sopranos, for some examples.

Wassa matter? yagot shitferbrains? Fuggedaboudit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites