Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I don't meant to embarass you but . . .

when was the last time you had a chance to do good?

To do something for some person, to give of your self in some meaningful way, that made a real and immediate difference in their then-present life (such person not being a blood relative or intimate person)? When was the last time you did that with out even thinking about what the effort would or could cost you in sweat, in pain, or blood or personal injury?

Well?

Hey I am not being judgmental here. For all I know you have never been in such a situation. You may have the most hum drum of lives where the biggest decision you have over any given year is between paper or plastic,or choosing the rice or the baked potato at your nearest not-exactly-gourmet resturant.

So hey you might never ever get called to step-up.

But here is the other part.

What do you do when the price and/or cost of stepping up is sooooooo tiny that to refuse it would expend as much effort as actually step-up?

Has that happened to you recently or often? What do you do then?

These questions are on my mind, now, and partially, as recently I had to do the human shield thing, and I have not had to do that in a while. But it is basically a knee-jerk reaction thing for me to do.

I used to practice family law and I mean the bad bad kind (kids at risk of crazy and or bad parents kind) and I have done that human shield thing more times than I can count.

Well not 100 times, but more than a few times.

Granted I do that sort of thing because it is necessary in the moment, not because it makes me feel good to put myself out like that. But honestly,I like protecting people or otherwise putting my self out for them. Life would be rather meaningless to me, if I avoided things like that.

I would not want to live another day, if I were not that kind of person!

But hey, that is who I am. Now who are you, hmmm? Don't tell me, though.

The question is for you to think about, and honestly answer, to yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites