Sunday, August 13, 2006

On Hiatus . . .

from the ugly, nasty, soul destroying depressing, anti-human, anti-wholesome forces in the world.

YES, well I am, am mostly.

That means I have beein cutting back on my news consumption. Ever since the newest war across the Israel/Lebanon border erupted, I have been cutting back on news consumption. No, I have not totally given up, but I am spending less time watching TV news, and I do not even have cable (Merciful God, we thank Thee for planting the thought in our head that we do not need the SATANINC INFLUENCE of 24 hour cable news in our life, Praise You and Your Grace!) So my consumption was not at the critically insidious level to start (Amen!) Still, I am burnt out on the ugliness of the world and the ugly people in it. I prefer to read a tabloid paper, or look at a news org website, where it is easier to fine tune the dose of horror and evil I am exposed to, daily.

I don't know how I would be if I were overdosing on that shit, these days. Simply out of my mind, I suppose.

I am instead looking for things that at least keep me calm (assuming actually being happy is not attainable.)

Anyway, that is my statement of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites