Saturday, June 12, 2021

I Confess to Being on Team West Since the Mid 1980s.

 

So when I say I never saw Loury's  A Game until this vid., I credit Prof. West for that. You can blame that opinion on my bias.  But you would be wrong to do so.  Here is a link to the vid, I mentioned in my previous post.

Professors West and Loury, and Kiros


You need to bring your A Game to Dr. West if the conversation is limited to, "You want paper or plastic?" Seriously.  Not only is Dr. West one of the scant few Americans of any ancestry who truly deserves to be called an intellectual, and is a true philosopher.  He is kind.  His decorum should be the standard the rest of us aspire to.  He will correct and reeducate you of your stupidity, politely. But he will never talk down to you, never mind snark snarl, or belittle.

Anyway.  Let me save some keystrokes and look for a summation of topics.

Glenn Loury (Watson Institute for International and Public AffairsBrown University), Cornel West (Union Theological Seminary), and Teodros Kiros (Berklee College of Music)



Admittedly, Prof. Loury has been so doctrinaire and repetitive lately in his vids that I can't stand it long.  I think he needs more time with someone agreeable who does not necessarily agree with him.  His usual partner in rhetorical crimes on line is Professor McWhorter.  They don't always agree, as McW. actually  is a Democrat.  But lately their discussions are so often within the overlap area of their Venn Diagram that for my money, ain't worth watching, listening to, much.  



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites