Wednesday, February 10, 2021

It Bears Saying, Repeating . . .




I don't suppose I know for sure what will work to end white on not white racism in America, although I know some writers like the late Derrick Bell had some good ideas.

But I am sure about what is necessary for it to end.  The social and other measures' value of being white must be reduced to zero.  And the vast majority of white folk are going to have to be ok with that.  But as long as either or both are not the case?  America will continue to be a fundamentally, if often subtly racist society.

For the record, I know I am not the first person to publish such a thought.  But it is Black History Month.  And I always am consuming a stream of white Republican racist bullshit, no matter the month.  And I want this shit to end.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites