Monday, April 25, 2011

Not Much to Get Excited About, Post Easter . . .

I want to say, that's exciting. But it's not. Really. Anyway.

Post over at Mediaite. Cokie Roberts at the same point in time for the same statement gets the Bravery In Punditry, and the Saying The Obvious Awards. The double hit statement: that people call P. Obama Muslim 'cause they can't say they don't like him 'cause he's black. (My inversion; I'd say it this way. He's no the fuck where near white enough.)

Anyway, lemme run the vid and see if it's worth linking.

Ok. I ran the clip and she did not bring up the topic, in the panel discussion that is where the vid is from, but she made the 'dog whistle' argument. It's worth a look. Maybe. Cokie on Racist "Muslim" anti Obama Dog Whistle, on "This Week."

Now I actually went back and read the editorializing that accompanied the vid. And it wasn't that awful. I confess to having a seemingly inconsistent view of Mediaite. I hate it. And I go there daily. I go for the vid selections, mainly, not the commentary, which is usually as bad if not way the fuck worse than what ever perceived errors or alleged bias they seem to be trying to highlight. That's why I call the staffers there editors. They are not engaging in reporting. They just toss off what objectively seems to be nothing more than editorial comments. But I digress.

After reading that editorial commentary, I did something I rarely do. I went over to Newsbusters, because they are the net based source for the vid. Their spin? Now that was some messed up shit. Or it was typical GOP lies and bullshit and straw man red herring nonsense. Actually, both.

Instead of dealing with the actual issue in the vid, their editor went off on a discussion about how P. Obama's falling approval ratings were based on (perception of) his job performance. As if that has anything to do with people saying P. Obama is a Muslim? That is a perfect example of why I stay away from many GOP sites, and why it's a good thing I am in recovery from political message boards. There is no point in arguing with people that stupid, and or that dishonest.

Anyway. One last mention of the editors at Mediaite. There was yet another mention of the Non Story of last week: Triggate. This time, the editor, who went so bat shit over that nonsense last week, actually, was sounding the call to reason. Turns out some writer called Mrs. Palin herself a, "Special needs, case," and the Palinistas were still going batshit with the sturm and drung. The editor basically said enough is enough. He even went so far as to suggest that the hysteria could have been false.

Nice of you to finally see the bullshit for what it is/was, Tommy.

His reversal reminds me of one of my favorite George Carlin jokes. I am doing this from memory, so forgive me if I don't really get it 100% accurately.

"Ever notice how when someone ahead of you is driving too slow, they're a fucking asshole, but the guy who speeds past you is fucking nuts?"


Ok. That's all for now.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites