Saturday, September 06, 2008

I know. I Risk being branded as a sexist by talking about Pit-Bull-In-Lipstick's (which I am going to shorten to PBIL's) "Fashion Sense."



So in my defense I will recite the family's combined resume in the rag trade. My momma's momma was a show room seamstress, and my momma's father was a tailor. Mom has worked retail rag trade, and at various positions on the business side. Hell, even my dad was once a shop steward in the ILGWU. One sister worked as a costumer for a NY City Theatre company. Even I have done time at clothing warehouses. That is the back drop. I knew hemline theory at age 10. I know how to inspect goods on the rack, turn them inside out, and if the garment is poorly made, I leave it, no matter how nice it looks.

Therefore, I do not make snarky remarks about clothing just to snark. I do because I see something that just ain't working (like cargo shorts. Don't get me started on them. As if fat-assed American males need to make their silhouette any wider? And talking about wider? Women with love handles should NOT wear low cut pants and belly-showing shirts. Cover that nasty looking shit up, damnit!)

Anyway, I went long there in anticipatory defense, because I am going to repeat a joke I heard for the first time, years ago.

"She walked out the door thinking THAT looked good? Poor thing!"

I repeat what I saw in the NY Post the other day. Yes, they had a fluff piece about PBIL's fashion sense, and I agree with the comment about how she needs a stylist.

Plainly!

NY Post

Note Further:

I do not want to seem petty, or obsessing with the trivial things, but if I really were impressed with her I would not NOT vote for her on account of her school marmish tastes, and lack of basic skills with putting an outfit together. I repeat the core of my personal political philosophy; I can never support the Republican Party Platform. Therefore I can not vote for anyone who supports that party's platform. Simple, but that is the core of it (and I confess I skimmed this year's a little. Those freaktards actually use the catch phrases "constitutionalist judges " and "judicial activism" this time. How queer is that?")

But I digressed there. Main reason I am killing time making light of her fashion tastes is on account of the fact that She is practically in hiding. To be fair, she is not totally secluded but she is being handled and controlled so tightly it is likely a new record for American Politics. Something about needing to be made ready? Something about needing to be brought up to speed? Something about fear of her messing up in public?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AV_54517R8


Yes those are all fair concerns, if your candidate is not actually really ready for prime time yet.

I just prefer to keep it simple and call it chickenshit.

Sarah, the chicken shit pit-bull-in-lipstick.

Freakin' weird!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites