Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rewriting my old line. I used to say, we are talking about HUMANS, not some intelligent species. Now maybe it should be . . .

"We are talking about HUMANS. Not some decent, caring and wholesome species."

(And fair warning, I am about to tie in the "commentary" following the Imus sexist racist hate fest, to that following the VT mass slaughter.)

I am disgusted to call myself a HUMAN. Right now, this minute, I would trade places with a slug. Last week it was the puss-drenched, foul spectacle of the rancid offal, bigot-apologists, whos' individual and collective response to Imus getting busted for what was (even if accidental) HATE SPEECH, was to basically (no matter what words they used) call for a world where we can still:

GIVE HATE A CHANCE,

GIVE HATE A PLACE AT THE TABLE,

SAVE THE HATMONGERS,


or otherwise wail and bemoan any action that makes hatemongering a high priced and dangerous activity.

And this week? Now we have the even more unsavory, more un wholesome, more . . . repugnant activity of people using the VT mass slaughter to grind what ever putrid, nasty axe they carry. Foul, nasty, and naturally, shamless partisan mongering of such a level that I have to say again, I would feel more enobled to be among the slugs than the human species, today.

Monstrous people blaming the victims for not fighting back.

Monstrous people blaming gun control laws.

Monstrous people blaming "liberals" for one insane man's bloody homicidal rampage.

Sick freaks:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/18/worlds-worst-heartless-wingnuts/


Again, I am that disgusted.



I do (and props to Thomas Friedman, for the phrase) hope to someday live in a world where

"Giving the Hatemongers No Place to Hide,"

is taken so seriously that there are none left, even in capitivity, but shit. The events of this past week show me that world is far away from the one I live in now.

Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites