Monday, January 05, 2009

And About that Mr. Burris?

Blag the Operator's pick to fill P.E. Obama's Senate seat?

At first my thoughts where on the order of, why would any sensible person get caught up in that shit? Then, I remembered that for myself, to be a Senator is a big deal. I would not leave the Senate myself, for a Secretariat. That is the way I roll. So it is not all that hard to imagine why someone would swim in that shit that is the Blago scandal, if it gets them to the U.S. Senate. So I was prepared to cut him some slack.

Then comes the following quote from him:

"We are hoping and praying that they will not be able to deny what the Lord has ordained."

One of the fastest ways to make me reject a person as a dangerous nutcase, is for that person to in any way, shape, or form, to invoke Divine Deity as either personally talking to them or otherwise sending them communications, or to claim to be directly or indirectly doing God's work, of fulfilling God's will.

Burris has every right to think that. I can not divest him of that right. Nor do I wish to deprive him of that right. But I, conversely, have the same right to reject him as as delusional and those Heretical Pentecostals who speak in tongues and have mass hallucinations, and all that scary weird out-to-lunch and eating sawdust and dirt sandwiches, crazy shit.

I know some people get off on that shit. That shit turns me off faster than Kryptonite makes Superman remember, there is some other place he'd rather be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites