Sunday, September 28, 2008

Now if You DON'T See the Connection Between This Video, and that Horrid Palin Woman, You are WAY too Partisan!

I will give you a clue, below it, at least.



Referring to my prior posts on the subject of douchyness (a theme I was obsessed about, a year ago and longer), the nature of being a douche, to my mind, is to be an emotionally-stunted attention whore. It is to be the kind of person who instead of raising up the energy level in a room, rather sucks all the energy out of those in it, leaving them feeling like they have been drained by some sort of psychic vampire.

Said another way, douchyness is shallowness; shallow emotions, shallow tastes, shallow intellect, shallow humanity, shallow ideals.

In short (but using a long word, here) douchyness is the extreme of human superficiality.

Oh. I was supposed to tie it in to that Horrid Palin Woman.

I am not going to call her a douche, but when was the last time we had such a shallow person on the national political stage? Is Palin nothing but a fembot version of Dan Quayle?

Is it fair to make a direct link between Quayle's Potato(e) moment, and her witless babbling to Katie Couric, trying to defend her "I live next to Russia," debacle? Is it too mean to say that when you dig a hole during week one on Monday, you have to be a special brand of stupid if you are given the free and open chance to fill that hole in, more than a week later, and blow it? Is it too harsh to call that politician an imbecile, if someone else points to the hole, points to the pile of dirt from that hole, and hands them a shovel, that instead of using the shovel to put the dirt back in to the hole, that politician jumps back in that hole and furiously digs, deeper and deeper?

I don't think so. That Horrid Palin Woman is definitely not the first politician to break that first rule of politics/PR/mass communication -- stop digging. But she did it under circumstances that puts in question whether she is bright enough to dress herself. How much of an imbecile must one be to punt away the free and open chance to totally change the record, and totally rewrite the totally embarrassing line?

Katie Couric clearly gave her the chance to clean up that mess, to say something like . . . .

"What I meant was that there is special kind of awareness that comes from living so close to our former Cold War enemy, and I remember growing up there, and seeing the Military Services engaged in protecting the US National border, which also was Alaska's state border. I am not saying that equals expertise, but it gives me a particularly acute perspective."


But NOOOOOO!

What a loon.

I think Jack Cafferty said it best. Talking about that woman potentially being one 72 year old's heartbeat away from being president, he said if you are not frightened, you should be.

Hey. I can post that vid too.



Oh, and while I am on the topic of public evidence of superficiality, and really weak, really embarrassing public performances, that moment in the Mississippi Debate when McCain did his awkward and witless vamp about how fundamentals of the economy equal the great American Worker?

I am not serious but I am going to say it, if only for joke value.

Could Palin be a bastard child of McCain?

I know it is not likely. I know the same liars are advising both, but jeeze Louise. Forget about being the ruling political partners for America; they should be the leads in the next "Dumb and Dumber," film franchise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites