Friday, September 26, 2008

Live Blogging Today, from the Congressional Black Caucus Legislative Conference.

(How cyber-pretentious of me, but they have a free cyber cafe set up in the Exhibit Hall. So why not?)

Firstly, I just discovered my blog is being linked on Technorati (spelling?) Does that mean anything, like I need to cut down on typos and cussing?

Next thing; the conference. I have only been to one previously, and that was 10 years ago. Now the excitement level is much higher, for obvious reasons, the fact one of the Caucus Members is one of the candidates for the presidency. And furthermore, this has been one buzzing week in (as I call D.C.) The Imperial City.

I just slipped out of an issue session hosted by John Conyers (who was not in the room; sorta typical for this week of important votes and meetings with the economy on the brink, as it were.) This one is an open all day session and the module I just attended was dealing with about drug crimes and sentencing. Nothing too new for me, as I used to do some juve crim work back in my Family Court, Philly days. I know the system is sorta at least accidentally racist, if not more than that. And one of the panel speakers went on a vamp about how the construsts of black and white identity are nosensical, and yet still pervasive. Again, not new data for me.

I will try to catch another module there. Conyers is Chair of the House Judiciary Committee, and I am still something of a lawyer, all that.

Enough about that for now.

Here is what I wanted to blog about last night but between fighting a bad dial-up line and being sorta tired, I held off.

THAT HORRID PALIN WOMAN? My God! I have only seen the snippets of both the Couric interview, and the questions session at the WTC Site, from yesterday.

I think Keith Olbermann said it perfectly last night.

The woman does not know what she is talking about.

That should be the end of the discussion.

I am still sorta hoping, just for entertainment value, to see her forced out. Well, I do want her as far away from making a decision that could have any effect on my life, no doubt. But beyond that obvious and redundant remark, the McCain Circus should still have a few stunts left in it, and that is the particular one I want to see. After that, then we can have the clown car and the small prancing dogs.

Last remark for the day; this is my idea for the ONLY commercial Sen. Obama should run, for the rest of the campaign:

"Do you want a Drama Queen for President of the United States? If NOT, Vote for Obama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites