Sunday, October 21, 2007

Changed My Mind, Instead I Will Just Say Today . . .

Even if it is the time of year I usually feel at my best, the couple two three weeks leading up to my birthday, I feel sorta like I am up to my neck in shit.

But I sorta know why. It has been at least four years since I had a happy birthday That is what folk say don't they? Have A Happy! Well for me it has been that long since I had a happy one.

I guess I am resigned to the fact that this birthday is going to suck just as totally as the last three have.

Well that is one way to minimize the disappointment; expect the worst of all possible outcomes. Dreary as the prospect is, I think I am better off being prepared for the worst!

Oh. I am reminded of this cynical poster/cartoon/whatever it was, from the 1980's. It was a picture of the ubiquitous smiley face, but instead of a smile it had a straight line for it's mouth, an the following message:


HAVE AN ORDINARY DAY.


Ya. That is what I am both afraid of, and preparing for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites