Sunday, February 20, 2022

Is the Work Done? | Glenn Loury & Mark Sussman | The Glenn Show


I miss the old Loury, straight from the 'Go Loury
Chop up the soul Loury, set on his goals Loury
I hate the new Loury, the bad mood Loury
The always rude Loury, spaz in the news Loury
I miss the sweet Loury chop up the beats Loury
I gotta to say at that time I'd like to meet Loury.

I am not that impressed with that other son of Chicago, Kanye. But a mere minute or two into this, I was thinking about the Kanye song.

If there was ever a post here that I wish the professor ever saw, it would be this one. Because I would bet he knows the song I use here as well as I do. Brother used to know what time it is. And then he started buying into the establishment. Even if he is still like most of us, a mere servant . But in his case, he is a well paid servant. Better paid than most of us the servant class.

Two things have obsessed me, as a matter of the culture, this past week. One was the Netflix series about the grifter: "Inventing Anna." She got off kinda easy. And at least according to the show she insisted on her belief that she was a good business person, despite not having a fucking clue how due diligence works. That shit is very kinda, sort of totally important. Says me, the guy who set up the in house due diligence highly sensitive, secure document room for the underwriting team from Goldman, working on the Prudential demutualization/going public. One of the themes for me in watching the series was how I knew the difference between old money and nouveau riche. And girlfriend acted like the nouveau riche.

And the other part of the culture I am all interested in now is the current season of "Billions." My favorite line out of the last episode. The boss tells the gifted trader/investor:

"I am independently wealthy. You are just a little rich."

The gifted trader/investor: was getting close to her target figure of having $10,000.000.00. Next to her, Loury might be a little rich I have to imagine. I can not imagine must more than that.

Anyway, my point is, I have a lot of criticisms for Loury. More than any other, top of the top is, if he bought into the establishment for the tiny amount of money he got from buying in? He sold out very cheap.

I often say, I am a broke assed lawyer, who works often for millionaire lawyers, who work for billionaires. And unless you are really that high up the food chain? Independently wealthy? You still ain't shit, even if you got a couple, few million in the bank.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites