Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am Not Doing a Very Good Job of Getting Zen. Help me Kurt Vonnegut, You're My Only Hope.

Firstly, is my confession that I am not getting (all that) more Zen. I am back on the track of trying, but as long as I pay attention to POLITICS, aggravation will be with me. Zen, however, should help me deal better.

Moving along, yes I did employ a cheap "Star Wars" reference there, but that was strictly for fun. Real critical part of that second part of the title was the Kurt Vonnegut reference.

Now I get to tell you why I am making a reference to Kurt Vonnegut.

I have read almost all his books, and have been a fan for decades. Lately, though, some line from one of his later books keeps bubbling to the top of my mind. It is not exactly a Zen thought, but I bet The Budda would appreciate it:


"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."


That is my my way to me to remind myself NOT to take everything so damned seriously, all the damn time.

Ok. That is it for now. I could rage about something, but instead I am of a mind to just fart around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites