Sunday, October 07, 2007

No Douche of the Week

The competition was too broad. Too many contestants, too much wholesale doucheyness. (Ya think I can get that word as popular as Truthiness? Damn, I think I need to get a successful cable TV show, first.)

But hey. I am watching something on TV about those weird evangelicals who are the christian pro Israel lobby. Naaa . . . I will not take a cheap shot there.

Let me just move on to the quotes. Today's theme? Hypocrisy.



"Hypocrite: the man who murdered both his parents... pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan."
- Abraham Lincoln


"Pay attention to minute particulars. Take care of the little ones. Generalization and abstraction are The plea of the hypocrite, scoundrel, and knave.
-William Blake


"The essence of immorality is the tendency to make an exception of myself."
-Jane Addams


"The injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighed in the same scales."
-Aesop, Fables


"Many of us believe that wrongs aren't wrong if it's done by nice people like ourselves."
-Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites