Friday, September 21, 2007

Before I Actually Get to the Thoughts for the Day, What I am Passing on, for Topics . . .

I am going to skip that whole "Jena 6" thing, but to say, people have actually given me shit for being way too hair-trigger happy to accuse SOME conservatives of being too racist (or not not racist enough.) Granted, the beat-down of that last victim was a serious crime and should be handled seriously (and in the Juve System, at least that is what the Appellate Court said in that one case that made it that far.) But remember . . . . you do not defend the beat-down, you do not give the assailants a pass, when you recognize the simple fact that this whole sordid racist shit storm started NOT with the hanging of the nooses in the tree, but when one black student DARED QUESTION some (and perhaps not, I would bet) last vestige of JIM CROW white privilege in a SEGREGATED and racist-run (or just way too damn tolerant of such bigotry) town.

Ya, I confess I went long there with the thing I was not supposed to talk about, and jeezum, I did not even get to not talking about those racist shits on Fox News, particularly Sean Hannity. GAWD I really really think he is one of the worst, and do to his popularity, dangerous racist douchebags out there.

And before I go off on another tangent, that racist douchebag Hannity did not necessarily inspire, individually, today's selected quotes topic, but he is a poster child for the first of them.

Quotes on Cowardice, and Hate:


“A half-truth is the most cowardly of lies.”
-Unknown

"The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.”
- Rollo May


"Many people love in themselves what they hate in others.”
-E. F. Schumacher


"Nothing Brings People together more, then mutual hatred."
-Henry Rollins

"Love is blind; hate is deaf."
-Unknown


"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
-Lord Byron

(and something we all need to remember, myself too!)

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
-Martin Luther King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites