Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And Now For Something Completely Different . . . .

(Well not entirely different. But before I say how much so, I should give props to the geniuses, those mountains of silly-walking, parakeet-whacking, Spam eaters, from whom I have jacked the title of this piece. Python rawks, do'od!)

Anyway, here is a new spin on quotes. I will do some random ones, and see where my efforts lead, when I tire of fetching and finally hit the submit button. At this point I have, only, the first, and will do some sort of scatter-shotty, haphazard stream of unconscious method, to find the rest.

So are you ready for internet history (I keed)?

Ok, here goes:



"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
- George Carlin


"Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion."
-Jim Rohn


"Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.”
-Ambrose Bierce


"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”
-Benjamin Franklin


"Real charity doesn't care if it's tax-deductible or not.”
-Dan Bennett


"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."
- Fr. Jerome Cummings


"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.”
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


"The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth."
-Pierre Abelard ( I have to wonder if Heloise agreed with him on this point? Sorry, I could not resist the reference to Abelard's equally famous lover.)


And lastly . . . .


"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.”
-Spencer Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites