Saturday, August 18, 2007

Special Saturday Bonus Feature. Kyrie Eleison!

(Kyrie Eleison (Greek for "Lord have mercy"; the Latin transliteration supposes a pronunciation as in Modern Greek) is a very old, even pre-Christian, expression used constantly in all Christian liturgies)

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08714a.htm


To explain my sudden outburst of Church Latin, I just took one of those on-line tests, & this one was about "Christian Orthodoxy."


Now, I usually describe myself as a rotten excuse for a Catholic. I sometimes go further and say that I am "Technically still on the books in Rome, but I likey have been dodging some Monsignore for years, and if he ever catches up with me, he will hit me with my "Letters Excommunicant" (Yes my God has a sense of humor; much more so than than some Bible Thump'n stick up their ass, authoritarian, half-sociopathic, post-schizmatic King James version mangling, blowhard who has no understanding of the doctrine of Christian Humility particularly when they talk about it, hypocrite. Sorry for the rant there. I have just met so many "christian" phonies that I have a hard time keeping a leash on my Hypocrite-Hounding Hell-Hounds. )


Getting back on track, here is my totally unsuprising result:


Your Score: Mostly Heterodox.
You are 50% Orthodox.


You have some correct ideas about God and religion, but are mostly in heretical error.


That was the expected part. And here is the UNEXPECTED part:


I scored better as in more orthodox than 99% of my tracked "gender" on this test.

But I should not take too much meaning out of that (or cause for alarm). I have no idea how many others took this test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites