Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ok. So I have been watching some documentary about the late 1960's.

Point One:

(Tying the insanity of those days to now a days) America seems to be going crazy again, and yet again we have a sociopath in the White House.

Point Two:

Marvin, Marvin, where are you when we need your soulful
truth-telling.

Well, we do at least have your recordings, and the lyrics to your most timely of 60's songs.

(And before I post it, I have distinct memories of this song from back in the the day. Word!)





Mother, mother
There's too many of you crying



Brother, brother, brother
There's far too many of you dying



You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Ya

Father, father
We don't need to escalate


You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate



You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here, today

Picket lines, and picket signs


Don't punish me, with brutality


Talk to me, so you can see



Oh, what's going on - What's going on
Ya, what's going on -Ah, what's going on

In the mean time
Right on, baby
Right on
Right on

Father, father,


everybody thinks we're wrong



Oh, but who are they to judge us,
Simply because our hair is long



Oh, you know we've got to find a way
To bring some understanding, here today
Oh

Picket lines, and picket signs


Don't punish me, with brutality


Talk to me, So you can see



What's going on - Ya, what's going on
Tell me what's going on - I'll tell you what's



going on - Uh
Right on baby
Right on baby





I say again, Marvin, we miss you Brother.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites