Saturday, February 11, 2006

More Quotes

Today's theme is Alienation. I will just skip why it is on my mind right now!


"Without alienation, there can be no politics."

Arthur Miller



"That passion cuts everything else, it blocks all, it's what psychologists call unhealthy. It's what one calls total alienation."

Isabelle Adjani


"The Sleepwalker is a figure of alienation."

Rebecca Miller


"We have long observed that every neurosis has the result, and therefore probably the purpose, of forcing the patient out of real life, of alienating him from actuality."

Sigmund Freud

"Speaking generally, punishment hardens and numbs, it produces obstinacy, it sharpens the sense of alienation and strengthens the power of resistance."

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche



"I, a stranger and afraid / In a world I never made."

A. E. Housman, Last Poems, 12



"I have been a stranger in a strange land."

Bible, Exodus 2:22




Ok, it is a departure from my usual sort of musings and drippings, (about Cyber-Space) at the least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites