Monday, June 15, 2009

Why is some Long Dead Japanese Guy Smarter Now While Dead, Than Alaskan Evita?

Because Adm. Yamamato's prescient quote, following the attack on Pearl Harbor yet lives on in history:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."


And before I tie that snugly into the tempest in a teapot that is Dave vs the Palins, let me talk about Dave. Letterman. Happy go lucky comedian, late night show host; in thirty years of doing this, he has a reputation for being smarmy, juvenile, and sometime just plain stupid.

But mean?

What?

Not at all! Not in the Least.

For over thirty years he has taken his shots at everyone from David Dinkins, to Giuliani, from Reagan to Elder Bush, to Clinton, to younger Bush. Perhaps he seems to have spent more time making fun of Republican Presidents, but hey. Dipshit. Check the POTUS timeline and do the math.

Anyway, so he has gone on in his smart ass, Midwestern meets N'East Hipster way, for years. No not ever any great sturm and drung. Not ever. So last week he goes and delivers a lame (low hanging fruit, if you ask me) kind of joke aimed at the Palin daughter who is at the same time an unwed teen mother and a self (if mommy's forcing her counts as self) appointed teen abstinence spokesperson. (That shit is so fucked up right there, I sorta wish Dave had gone specifically after that low fruit.)

And Sociopathic Succubus Sarah (yes I am reviving my former favorite appellation) saw what she thought was a target of opportunity. She has sorta, half heartedly, tried to keep a lower profile, but after this crack? What a great way to (try to) whip up the Redneck Army in a frenzy. Dave went after Willow? Seems, she accused.

(And here I take the break and call side bar. Who the fuck but for some Palin-loving Trailer Trash knew the 14 year old daughter's name before Palin spit it out on TV a dozen fucking times over the past week? I am sure Dave did not know it. Who the fuck cares? We got the now barely adult, and because of her status as a spokesperson for abstinence, the unwed teen mom out there? That is where the joke lies; good taste or not.)

Anyway, here is the latest in the war. Dave has already been quoted from tonight's broadcast (it's an afternoon taping, kids.)

Here is the most salient bit:

'Well, what can I do to help people understand that I would never make a joke like this?' I've never made jokes like this as long as we've been on the air, 30 long years, and you can't really be doing jokes like that. And I understand, of course, why people are upset. I would be upset myself.

"And then I was watching the Jim Lehrer 'Newshour' - this commentator, the columnist Mark Shields, was talking about how I had made this indefensible joke about the 14-year-old girl, and I thought, 'Oh, boy, now I'm beginning to understand what the problem is here. It's the perception rather than the intent.' It doesn't make any difference what my intent was, it's the perception.


Granted, I am vamping and speculating here. But I have been an off and on again Dave watcher for years. He never took this shit personally. It was his job, and a job he likes, and was good at, to tell jokes and make fun of the silly things people famous and not so famous, sometimes do. And it was all in good fun.

But Palin? Redneck idiot she is? She just "Schooled" in the ways of Republican Smearing someone who has a nationwide audience, five times a week, and millions of viewers. But more importantly, Dave knows how to play his game in his house. Dave will likely never talk about the kiddies in a joke again ever. And He is not likely going to take the gloves off in some vulgar, redneck, throw-down style, either. Save that crass vulgar shit for crass vulgar people.

But I have to speculate here and now that Dave's revenge shall fall on her . . . persona, and is going to be like that old Death by a Thousand Paper Cuts. Metaphorically speaking. And the bitch is too stupid to know she showed up to a battle of wits with a paper knife, cut out of a paper plate. And its soggy.

And remember kiddies. Ya heard it here first from Uncle Abs.

And for a parting cheap shot at Alaskan Evita. Have ya'll noticed how she is back to dressing like some rube who got an extra $20.00 and got to go to the Target Store for clothes, instead of Wal*Mart?

Yes, I am mean where rednecks are concerned. I am mean where ghetto trash is concerned, too. But even if I have to deal with them in the real world day after day, they are less of a bother to me than rednecks. Not to say I have not met or perhaps the better word is encountered ghetto trash peeps with seriously out of proportion senses of self worth. But here is the difference. Ghetto trash do not have a political party or movement. They are not organized into tea bag parties, and they do not have their own cable network, like the rednecks do (one and a half, if you consider how rancid CNN is lately.)

Don't you dare mention BET. No body watches BET.

Well, that is the joke anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites